Direct, manage and provide administrative support to the activities and operations of the accounting department. Manage resources, develop and review standard operating procedures; policies and operational guidelines. Participate in the training and on development/ education of our employees. Give advice and provide financial strategy options.
- Exercise significant authority and discretion concerning accounting operational issues and budget decisions; participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance Kind Love’s objectives.
- Coordinates and administers an adequate plan for the control of operations. Such a plan provides profit planning, sales forecasts, expense budgets, accounts receivable, cost standards and saving opportunities, and capital investing, together with the necessary controls and procedures to effectuate the plan.
- Compares performance with operating plans and standards. Provides reports and interprets the results of operations to all levels of management. This includes the formulation of accounting policies, the preparation of financial statements and operating data, the coordination of systems and procedures, and special reports as required.
- Forecasts short-range and long-range cash requirements and obligations, as a basis for maintaining adequate funds.
- Assures protection for the assets of the business through internal control, internal auditing, and ensuring proper insurance coverage.
- Monitors credit and collection applications. Approves terms above a predetermined dollar amount.
- Assists Marketing in establishing and maintaining product pricing policies.
- Provides other company units with related information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities.
- Establishes and implements a sound operational and organizational plan in direct support of the business plan.
- Keeps the CFO/Board of Directors informed of the division’s performance and provides advice on all financial matters.
- Executes cash disbursements for payment of corporate and divisional expenditures in accordance with disbursement and policies.
- Monitors inventory levels and advises management regarding variances to budget.
- Develops and presents to the CFO/Board of Directors, matters requiring his or her decision.
- Manage, supervise and direct the activities of assigned accounting staff and functions; make recommendations regarding hiring, discipline, termination or advancement of employees.
- Assign work and monitor progress; guide, train and develop employees in the accomplishment of their duties and goals through professional growth; write and conduct individual performance reviews/ evaluations.
- Manage and coordinate theaccountingoperations including: daily activities, equipment requirements, typical maintenance, training/ development, schedules, personnel and quality assurance, as well as Generally Accepted Account Principles integration into all systems, processes and purchases.
- Responsible for developing and implementing accounting practices and procedures.
- Develop, administer, and manage theCompany budget as well as individual department budgets; enforces purchasing requirements; and monitors the budget through periodic tracking.
- Conducts studies, identifies problems, recommends alternatives and implements solutions selected by the CFO/Board of Directors.
- Responsible for advising CFO/Board of Directors about financial issues and recommended solutions
- Continually reviews all current systems for operational efficiency while monitoring recent developments, improvements and strategies in the industry.
- Responds to and resolves community and organizational concerns or issues regarding finances.
- Knowledge and enforcement of the policies, procedures and goals of Kind Love.
- Knowledge of general management principles and practices, including budget, policy and procedure development, personnel management and supervision, and finance.
- Skill in GAAP and implementation and maintenance of procedures/practices.
- Skill in analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and implementing recommendations in support of goals.
- Skill in planning, organizing, assigning and coordinating the activities and resources of retail staff.
- Ability to adapt to and implement new methods and techniques for operational improvement.
- Ability to regularly exercise discretionary authority.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately.
- Ability to apply appropriate public relations skills in various situations and circumstances and to facilitate change as needed.
- Ability to interpret, understand, and comply with complex statutes, ordinances, regulations, standards, and laws.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate information accurately, and to express ideas clearly when providing oral and written reports or recommendations on administrative, financial and technical issues.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, data base management, spreadsheet applications and electronic mail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management, other governmental agencies, community members and the general public.
- Understanding of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures.
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely in written and verbal formats. Must have the ability to compile and maintain complex reports with a good understanding of research methods and analysis techniques.
- Colorado driver’s license or State ID card
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be approved by the MMED to receive a key badge
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting or Finance preferred)
- 5-8 years previous Accounting Management experience
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 40 pounds (100 pounds with assistance), manage stairs (not in all locations), perform all commercially typical cleaning requirements.
Type – Full TimeSalary – Negotiable depending on qualifications
Industry – Other/Not Classified
Years – 5+ to 7 Years
Experience – Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education – Bachelor’s Degree
Contact – Kind Love Medical Marijuana
How to ApplyApply online.
1490 total views, 1 today