Part-Time Production Assistant
Wellness Connection of Maine is a non-profit medical marijuana dispensary operating in full compliance with state and local law. Our mission is to provide qualified Maine patients with the highest quality medical marijuana at reasonable cost to them, to support patients’ full-spectrum wellness, and to foster education about medical marijuana throughout the state.
The Production Assistant provides the daily care and focused attention necessary to produce clean, potent, safe medicine for our patients. The successful candidate will possess a passion for horticulture and a willingness to continually learn more about the subject. This entry-level position offers the opportunity to learn and grow with the Company from the ground up, and to take on increasing levels of responsibility over time.
The main responsibilities of the Production Assistant include all aspects of the daily care of medicine from seed to harvest; monitoring environmental inputs to maximize production and prevent failures; and maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility inside the production area.
Work Experience Required
• Work history showing progressive responsibility, willingness to accept additional projects or challenges
• 1+ year experience in horticulture, botany, or related field
• Knowledge of basic computer & office equipment operations (inventory systems; Word; Excel; office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems)
• Math required for inventory, projections, measurements
• Biology and chemistry related to plant growth, nutrition
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent time-management skills
• Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to focus; attention to detail
• Skill at using computers
• Mechanical skill
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Ability to communicate clearly and calmly
• Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity
• Absolute reliability and honesty
• Extended time standing, walking, bending, and reaching
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of 100 feet
• Close visual focus required
• This position occasionally requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
• Maine state resident
Must pass a drug test and background check (state mandated)
How to ApplyThis employer has selected the Apply Online option for this job. To apply directly to the employer for this position, simply Apply Online.
1329 total views, 2 today